Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Walmart 5/10


First off, yesterday was Mexico's Mother's Day...Happy Mexican Mother's Day! I am so glad that I get 2 Mother's Days every year thanks to my beautiful babies ;)

I went to Walmart last night to take advantage of a couple freebies...I went in mainly for the Carefree liners.  I always walk down the laundry/dish aisle because let's face it...I am a dork and I love soap of any kind. I stumbled upon some travel size Cascade dishwasher tabs!! I just happened to have $1 ANY Cascade coupons that I had been saving for a sale. 

Here is what I bought:

(4) Carefree 20 ct liners @ $0.94 each
(4) Cascade Travel Dishwasher tabs @ $0.97 each
(1) Clorox GreenWorks dish soap @$2.57

The coupons I used:

(4) FREE Carefree liners up to $1 (from the 5/8 paper)
(4) $1/Any Cascade (P&G booklet)
(1) $1/Any Clorox GreenWorks dish (Peelie: a coupon that is attached to a product)

OOP (Out of Pocket) = $1.45+tax!

Not too bad! We needed the dish soap and that is the only reason I paid more than $1 for it, but at least I had a coupon! 

I would like to point out that without the dish soap, I would have only paid tax! Walmart also implemented a new coupon policy: If the coupon has a higher value than the purchased product, the remaining balance will be applied to the rest of the transaction...Fancy talk for: they will PAY you :) Since the Cascades were only .97, I had .03 extra for each one. This .12 was applied to my tax!

I will post my picture up later. Shopping trips and savings are way more exciting when pictures are involved :)

I am heading to CVS later and will post that trip/pic later on this evening as well.
HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment