Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Things are finally slowing down!

The last couple weeks have been crazy over at our house.  Last week was Finals Week...very fun.  Then we had our son's birthday party on Saturday, and I have been trying to get laundry and other household things organized, all the while constructing our new house...whew! Anyway, I will now have more time to focus on the blog, couponing, and shopping! 

I attempted to go to Walmart today for a few deals.  I had all 3 of my daughters with me and apparently I thought that right before naptime was the perfect time to go.  Our 2-year-old was having mini-meltdowns and the 3-year-old (who is allowed to walk because the baby and the other one take up the basket) had to touch EVERYTHING! I managed to pick up the few things that I needed though.

Walmart 5/24
I bought:
1 Carefree panty-liner
1 4lb bag of Iams dog food
1 Lipton onion soup mix
1 bag of Goldfish
1 bottle of KY Jelly :p
1 travel size Secret Deoderant
1 mirror/brush combo thingy that my daughter wanted
   I used:
     1 Free Carefree
     $8/1 Iams dog food (This gave me $2.02 in overage)
     $3/1 KY Jelly (This gave me $0.33 in overage)
     $1/1 Secret Deoderant ($0.03 in overage)
The only things that I "paid" for were the Goldfish and the Lipton!
I paid $2.89 for everything. 

A few months ago if I was able to get all of this stuff for under $3 including tax, I would have been thrilled! I am very happy with what I did today, but now that I have been getting so much for so little...spending more than $2 at a store kind of freaks me out lol
I am so happy that I started couponing!! I love a challenge and now I always want to out-do myself!!!

This was a good opportunity to have Walmart "pay" me to shop...I almost wanted to wait and do it without kiddos.  I was going to leave out the Lipton and the other stuff I didn't have a coupon for, but I didn't want to have an issue with receiving money back.  I have their coupon policy handy of course, but I have ran into smaller issues than this before and didn't want to take the chance with crying kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment